It’s been a couple of months since I’ve written a goal post, so I think I’m overdue to check-in and include a few goals specific to this month. And of course, there’s no better way to get back into one of the blogging habits I’ve lost than participating in a goal-setting linkup.
My goals for this year were to read 20 books that were either music or language related and to write 50 songs. While I’ve managed to keep up with songwriting, I’ve fallen behind in my reading and have not read as much as I would like, so I would definitely like to add reading to this month’s goals.
THIS MONTH’S GOALS
- Pass my next belt test in martial arts. Yup. After having taken a realllllly long break (read years) from martial arts, I decided to get back into it as a little added incentive to continue studying Mandarin and Japanese. And yes, I’ve also started studying Japanese in addition to this year’s goal language, Mandarin.
- Continue to minimize. I’ve been sorting through my things – clothes, books, movies, collectibles – and selling, donating and disposing of the things I no longer find useful and that I no longer find joy in. There are a lot of things that I’ve grown out of and they’ve been taking up space, so it’s time for me to part with them.
- Finish my online course. I’ve been taking an online history course and my goal is to continue to pass the weekly exams so that I get credit for it.
- Read at least two more books. Preferably one language book and one music book.
- Up my exercise routine. Last year I wanted to make exercise a more important habit than it was. I’ve now settled into a comfortable routine. This month, I’d like to start pushing myself a bit more.
- Start doing travel videos. I recently discovered Esther and Jacob and was inspired by their travel videos. I’d like to start doing some of my own.
That’s it! What are your goals for this month?