Welcome to the latest installment of my favorite language learning and travel tips. These are my favorite posts for the month of May! I appreciate all of your feedback on last month’s post.
Before I share this weeks tips, I wanted to share that I am co-hosting the Instagram Language Challenge with Lindsay Does Languages this month. Please join our community of language learners on Instagram!
Also, I’ve recently written posts for Flashsticks and Language Reach. Check them out here:
- Amazing Games with Flashsticks
- 5 Reasons to Learn a Language Before Travel + 10 Resources to Help You Get Started
Here is this month’s collection of resources for language learning and travel from around the web.
Language Learning Tips
- Whether or Not Cantonese is a Dialect on Quora // Stephen Hou’s answer to whether or not Cantonese is a dialect on Quora was a really interesting read.
- Why Are Some People Good at Cooking from Strategies in Language learning // An interesting post on why some people become better language learners than others.
- 10 New Words for 2015 from Transparent Languages // A few of the 150 some odd words that were added to the French dictionary this year.
- Will a Chinese Only Rule Improve Your Learning from Hacking Chinese // A look at immersion and how effective it really is.
- 8 Study Hacks You Can Use When You’re Too Busy to Learn a Language from I Will Teach You a Language // How breaking up your study time throughout the day is an effective language learning strategy.
- The Great Wall at Mutianyu from The Points Guy // Because who doesn’t want to toboggan ride down the mountain?
- 15 Most Beautiful Beaches in Greece You Must Visit from Local Adventurer // I think a trip to Greece is in my very near future after reading this post.
- An Introvert’s Guide to Surviving Group Travel from Ink & Adventure // An interesting read on surviving group travel whether or not you’re an introvert.
- Tips for Working While Traveling from The Write Life // Although this article is geared towards writers, it’s a great read if you’re interested in working on the road.
- Split, Croatia from We Took the Road Less Traveled // Because the photos are gorgeous and I really want to visit Croatia.
Please feel free to share your favorite posts in the comments! I look forward to hearing from you.
16 Jul 2018 - Language Resources