Welcome to the latest installment of my favorite language learning and travel tips. These are my favorite posts for the month of August! I appreciate all of your feedback on last month’s post.
Here is this month’s collection of resources for language learning and travel from around the web.
Language Learning Tips
- How to Read Your Way to Second Language Fluency from FluentU // Reading is definitely one of the things that I need to work on in Mandarin. I’m struggling with it far more than any other language so far. If you’re like me, this is a great post to read!
- Tips for Learning Japanese from Transparent Language // This is a language I’d love to learn in the future, so this is a great introduction to learning the language.
- Pop Culture and Language a Never Ending Relationship from Krzysiek // I absolutely loved this post and he included quite a few great examples!
- This really great comparison between counting in English and Mandarin plus this one from East Asia Student.
- This great video from Comme Une Française on whether or not you pronounce the “s” in “plus”.
- An Echo Trails Hike in the Alps from The Overseas Adventure // Yes, I know I shared one of her posts last month, but this one was worth sharing too!
- 16 Bookstores You Have to See Before You Die from Buzzfeed // Adding them all to my list.
- This is How I Get Paid to Travel the World from Expat Vagabond // A really great post about how to diversify your income stream as a travel blogger so you don’t get tied down by a day job.
- How to Rock the Long Layover from Twenty-Something Travel // We’ve all had one of these we wish we had done differently!
- The Italian Style Village in North Wales from The Travel Hack // I love little villages influenced by other countries tucked away and I’ve even written about my own similar adventure. This Italian style village in Wales is definitely another stop to add to my list if I make it back to the UK.
Please feel free to share your favorite posts in the comments! I look forward to hearing from you.
23 Apr 2018 - Language Resources