This post originally appeared on the Drops blog.
Welcome to our first ever video in our “Ask the Polyglot” series featuring our Resident Polyglot and Language Expert, Shannon Kennedy.
We regularly ask what language learning questions you have on Instagram and Shannon answers them as a part of this series. Make sure you follow us on Instagram and keep an eye on our stories for the next opportunity to ask questions!
In this episode, Shannon answers:
- How do you learn two similar languages without mixing them (i.e. Portuguese, Italian)?
- Is journaling in a foreign language effective?
- Which languages do you speak/how many languages do you speak?
- Do you ever mix up languages?
- What motivates you to learn several different languages?
- What are the best tips for retention?
- Have you ever studied multiple languages at once?
- How do I learn Korean grammar and sentence construction?
What's Your Reaction?
My name is Shannon Kennedy and I'm the language lover, traveler, and foodie behind Eurolinguiste. I'm also the Resident Polyglot at Drops and the Head Coach of the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge.