Slow Cooker Korean Beef
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of Sriracha (you can add more in if you prefer it spicy)
- 1/2 an onion cut into thin slices
- 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1-2 lbs of boneless beef
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Sesame seeds to taste
- Sliced green onions to taste
In a large bowl, whisk the beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, ginger, Sriracha, and white pepper together.
Place beef into your slow cooker and pour in beef broth mix. Add in onion and garlic.
Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours. Remove meat.
In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Stir in mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
Once the meat is done cooking, remove it from the crockpot and use your preferred method to shred the meat.
Grease a pan with oil and cook on high heat until the meat is seared.
Serve immediately, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
This recipe was inspired by this recipe on DamnDelicious.