Today I’m celebrating one year of Eurolinguiste.com as blog!
I first began using Eurolinguiste as a moniker while I was studying for my degree at Queen’s University Belfast because I had decided that my previous username was a bit outdated and I wanted something that fit who I was at that time. It’s been three years (June 12, 2011) since I’ve moved to Southern California from Belfast, Ireland (how did that happen?).
It’s hard to believe how fast time is going.
Before I do a short recap of the past year, I just wanted to say what a pleasure it’s been to meet all of you and to share some of my experiences learning languages and traveling with you. I look forward to what this next year will bring!
Places Traveled in the Past Year
- My first attempts to speak Mandarin
- Adding more words to the Eurodictionary
- Watching how tv shows helped my niece learn English and video games improved Mini M’s English vocabulary proving my initial thoughts might have been wrong
Created Goals and Crossed a Few off
- Realized one of the many ways school pays off
- Created my first travel videos
- Played on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- Got to record some fun music
- Celebrated 2 years of marriage with M in an underground Abbey in France from 900AD (post coming soon)
Also, because, why not? Here are a few fun search terms that have brought people to my blog:
list of things to do to feel accomplished – Dear whoever you are, I hope reading my blog made you feel like you accomplished something… If not, that’s cool, too.
like crazy themed wedding invitations – I’m really not sure what that means…
expectations are a funny thing – why, yes. Yes, they are.
i will like to spend time studying – me too
saxy images – this just makes me giggle
why are there so many french in dublin – I was actually wondering that too! If you found the answer, please let me know!
eurodicshanary – Ugh! Why didn’t I think of spelling it that way? I didn’t even realize I could have fit my name into it! I guess I’m not as clever as I thought!
diy jacques cousteau – I’m not sure if this is possible…
Anyway… Thank you so much for sharing this past year with me! I look forward to this next one.
01 Feb 2018 - Language Resources