This month I participated in my first ever snail mail linkup hosted by the lovely Esther of Esther & Jacob. The theme for this month’s linkup was “Summer Reading” which was a challenge because for many, reading can be very particular. But I suppose that might be because I took it quite literally and thought “books” rather than “anything related to reading.” After having received my snail mail and seeing what Esther sent, I kind of did a mental forehead slap (aren’t these the cutest popsicle bookmarks ever?).
My partner was the wonderful Elyse over at GreenEllephant, a food scientist, mother, and an incredibly sweet person – she still managed to send my Lovely Letter while on the road for work!
First, I just have to say that her snail mail was one of the most thoughtful gifts I’ve ever received! I was so impressed with how well she was able to select things for me.
So, here’s what I received:
1. A lovely letter
2. A fantasy book that I haven’t yet read recommended based on a series that I enjoy
3. A second lovely letter hidden in my book!
4. A translation of my name and other fun words into Korean (I think this was my favorite part)
5. A printout on how to read Korean in 15 minutes
6. Super adorable fabric that covered the book and other goodies
I can’t wait to start learning Korean!
My first snail mail experience was really enjoyable! If you’d like to join us next month, you can sign up here: