Welcome to the third installment of my favorite language learning and travel tips. These are my favorite posts for the month of April! I’m thinking of giving each of these roundups a theme or location and I’d love to know your thoughts. Do you like a random mix or would you like to see language and travel guides specific to a place? Let me know in the comments!
Here is this month’s collection of resources for language learning and travel tips from around the web.
Language Learning & Travel Tips
Language Learning Tips
- The Doornob Theory of Chinese from Dig Mandarin // When do you know you’re fluent in a language? In this post, Dig Mandarin debates one well-known theory. Even though this article is written for Mandarin language learners, it’s an interesting read for any language learner.
- Is your Vocabulary Notebook Out of Control? from I Will Teach You a Language // I so needed this post! I’m about to finish my first Mandarin notebook and I had no idea what I wanted to do with all the information I had thrown into it. Now I do.
- The Cheat Sheet to Tone Changes from iTalki // Tones, as I’ve said time and time again, can be quite a challenge for Mandarin Language Learners. Especially when there are tone changes! This guide is an awesome cheat sheet to when and why tone changes happen.
- This Japanese-English Dictionary // #1 on my wishlist. Click on the link, you will quickly see why.
- The Ghibli Japanese Study Guide from Tofugu // Because Studio Ghibli is awesome and why not use it to learn Japanese?
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary from Living in Another Language // I mean, who doesn’t want to befriend an adorable Koala?
- Tips for Tackling Time Lapse Photography from Travelettes // Capture your adventures with a new style of photography! (This post does not seem to be up anymore)
- A Neurotic’s Tips to Tokyo Travel from Tofugu // Another great post, but this time about travel, from Tofugu.
- Your Guide to Craft Beers in Paris from Hip Paris // Craft beers have been growing in popularity in the City of Lights, and if you’d like a guide to tasting around Paris, check out this post.
- 6 of the Best Historic Restaurants in Paris // I’m so in love with these historic restaurants and I kind of want to try them all!
Please feel free to share your favorite posts in the comments! I look forward to hearing from you.
30 Aug 2018 - Language Resources