Welcome to the latest installment of my favorite language learning and travel tips. These are my favorite posts for the month of October!
Here is this month’s collection of resources for language learning and travel from around the web.
Language Learning Tips
- 3 Reasons Why Video Games Are Underestimated for Language Learning // I have read similar articles around the web, but I thought it was interesting the way this article summed it all up. What do you think about using games to learn a language?
- How to Learn Minority and Endangered Languages with Little or No Resources from Mezzofanti Guild // This is a really great post with suggestions on how to learn a language with few resources.
- Bilingual Babies from Science Daily // A really interesting study that argues that speaking to your baby in multiple languages while still pregnant can lead to their picking them up more easily later on.
- Tips for Translators from Gengo // I enjoyed this series of 10 articles on translation from Gengo!
- Listen to French: 50+ Resources from Fluent in 3 Months // This is a really thorough list of French listening resources assembled by Benny Lewis.
- Tips for Visiting the Great Wall of China from Sapore di Cina // Great tips for getting away from the touristy areas!
- 8 Mini Adventures to Jump Start Weekend Travel from A Girl & Her Travels // A few fun tips to help you become a local adventurer.
- Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Pass from Just One Cookbook // Nami always puts together incredibly thorough travel guides and I kind of want to add skiing in Japan to my travel wish list after reading this post. Or maybe just sledding since I don’t know how to ski. 🙂
- Meeting China’s National Symbol from Melanie Fontaine // Because pandas!
- Travel Myths Debunked: Travel is Expensive from Land of Marvels // A great post on why travel doesn’t have to be expensive.
Please feel free to share your favorite posts in the comments! I look forward to hearing from you.
16 Jul 2018 - Language Resources