Welcome to the latest installment of my favorite language learning and travel tips. These are my favorite posts for the month of June! I appreciate all of your feedback on last month’s post.
I’ve noticed that my posts have been a little bit Mandarin heavy in the language learning tips section, sorry about that. I tend to share things I’ve stumbled across on my own language learning journey which is centered around learning Mandarin, so starting next month I’m going to try to diversify them a little more.
Here is this month’s collection of resources for language learning and travel from around the web.
Language Learning Tips
- I’m a Vegetarian in Mandarin Chinese from Mandarin Made Easy // Great phrases to learn if you’re a vegetarian planning to travel China.
- In the Chinese Kitchen Part 1 & Part 2 on Transparent Language // Pretty much all the vocabulary you need to know to find your way through a kitchen.
- 5 Intermediate Chinese Conversation Tips from Fluent U // Level up your Chinese with these tips.
- Top 9 Funniest Chinese Homophones from Yoyo Chinese // Some of these had me cracking up.
- Last month, I mentioned a post about whether or not Cantonese is considered a dialect. Here’s another great take on that question on Chinese Elevator Stories.
- Traveling While Pregnant from Travelettes // Not something that I myself need at this point, but I think that there’s a lot of misinformation about this subject so I thought I’d share.
- The Oldest Market in Quito from Inside the Travel Lab // This market in Ecuador is the oldest covered market and Abi’s pictures capture it beautifully.
- 11 Ways to Make Every Day More Adventurous from The Local Adventurer // Great tips to make adventure a more frequent part of your life.
- Heidelberg in Bloom from The Overseas Escape // Gorgeous photos of spring in Germany.
- This Cruise Packing List from Menu of Musings // I’m going to need it soon!
Please feel free to share your favorite posts in the comments! I look forward to hearing from you.
What's Your Reaction?
My name is Shannon Kennedy and I'm the language lover, traveler, and foodie behind Eurolinguiste. I'm also the Resident Polyglot at Drops and the Head Coach of the Fluent in 3 Months Challenge.