Welcome to the latest installment of my favorite language learning and travel tips. These are my favorite posts for the month of June! I appreciate all of your feedback on last month’s post.
I’ve noticed that my posts have been a little bit Mandarin heavy in the language learning tips section, sorry about that. I tend to share things I’ve stumbled across on my own language learning journey which is centered around learning Mandarin, so starting next month I’m going to try to diversify them a little more.
Here is this month’s collection of resources for language learning and travel from around the web.
Language Learning Tips
- I’m a Vegetarian in Mandarin Chinese from Mandarin Made Easy // Great phrases to learn if you’re a vegetarian planning to travel China.
- In the Chinese Kitchen Part 1 & Part 2 on Transparent Language // Pretty much all the vocabulary you need to know to find your way through a kitchen.
- 5 Intermediate Chinese Conversation Tips from Fluent U // Level up your Chinese with these tips.
- Top 9 Funniest Chinese Homophones from Yoyo Chinese // Some of these had me cracking up.
- Last month, I mentioned a post about whether or not Cantonese is considered a dialect. Here’s another great take on that question on Chinese Elevator Stories.
- Traveling While Pregnant from Travelettes // Not something that I myself need at this point, but I think that there’s a lot of misinformation about this subject so I thought I’d share.
- The Oldest Market in Quito from Inside the Travel Lab // This market in Ecuador is the oldest covered market and Abi’s pictures capture it beautifully.
- 11 Ways to Make Every Day More Adventurous from The Local Adventurer // Great tips to make adventure a more frequent part of your life.
- Heidelberg in Bloom from The Overseas Escape // Gorgeous photos of spring in Germany.
- This Cruise Packing List from Menu of Musings // I’m going to need it soon!
Please feel free to share your favorite posts in the comments! I look forward to hearing from you.