Welcome to the latest installment of my favorite language learning and travel tips. These are my favorite posts for the month of July! There was a lot of great stuff I stumbled across this month and it was so hard to pick just 10 to share with you this week. A huge thanks to all of you for putting together such great content.
Here is this month’s collection of resources for language learning and travel from around the web.
Language Learning Tips
- Listening Strategies: Passive Listening from Hacking Chinese // This incredible post about active and passive listening from Hacking Chinese is a must, must, must read for anyone interested in learning a language. A very thorough article.
- Using “de” with French Verbs from Transparent Language // This is my greatest struggle for all languages and I need articles like this for every language from now until eternity. Which, by the way, if you know of any, please share them in the comments!
- Resources and Tips on How to Learn Russian from Actual Fluency // “Finally!” you say. “Something about a different language.” I know, I know. It was long overdue for me to share advice for a language other than Mandarin, Croatian, or French. Thankfully, Chris over at Actual Fluency wrote this very useful post on the resources he used to learn Russian.
- Chinese Characters That Are Lookalikes from TutorMing // This is a great list of similar looking characters, and there are even more that aren’t on this list that I confuse, but this is a great start. And here’s another post from Fluent in Mandarin that’s quite similar.
- How to be the Master of Vocabulary from Two-Week Linguist // A great summary of the importance of vocabulary and tips for tackling it.
- China’s 5,000 Year History from East Asia Student // A really interesting look at China’s claim to having 5,000 years of history.
- What and Where to Eat in Shanghai from Sapore di Cine // A food guide for Shanghai, China with photos that will have your mouth watering.
- Taiwan’s Greatest Hits from Ink and Adventure // A collection of eight fun things to do in and around Taipei, Taiwan.
- An Internship in Paris from Hip Paris Blog // Hip Paris Blog is looking for interns. Apply by clicking on the link to the article.
- Why You Should Pack Your Bags and Travel to Cuba Now from Don’t Forget to Move // This destination has very recently moved up real high on my travel wish list.
Please feel free to share your favorite posts in the comments! I look forward to hearing from you.
Follow Eurolinguiste (language + travel)’s board Let’s Go on an Adventure // Travel on Pinterest.
23 Apr 2018 - Language Resources