This post was created as part of The Nectar Collective linkup.
I recently wrote about my goals for the year, but I also wanted to continue to post monthly goals so that I can keep track of my progress towards the things I hope to accomplish.
My January Goals // Weekly Wishes
Last Month’s Goals
- Take a break. I think I did a pretty decent job of this. This can be hard for me – I really like to be actively engaged in different activities and sometimes taking a moment to do nothing can be harder than staying busy for the sake of being busy.
- Catch up on some of my reading. Yup! I got through several books I had put aside to review on Teen Jazz and a full textbook for languages. I hope to continue the momentum!
- Spending hold and renewed energy towards minimalism. I did a pretty fair job of this. I donated at least one article of clothing for every one I received for Christmas and I continued to work through the books I no longer need to keep.
- Continue to work on Mandarin. Done.
- Get to at least 3K steps per day. I did! Now it’s time to level up in January.
This Month’s Goals
- Finish the new book for Teen Jazz. I have not had as much time as I would have liked to get this done.
- Get through 1/3 to 1/2 of HSK Level I Mock Test Book and make sure I know the 150 suggested characters. I am hoping to get through the materials up to level 4 by the end of the year. You can read more about this here.
- Flexibility. I have not been stretching as much as I should. I want to work on this in January. It’s a good way to relax and take a break too.
- Assemble resources for HSK Level 2. I want to prepare in advance so that I don’t have any excuses to put off preparing for or taking the test.
- 5K Steps per day. I already failed one day, but I’m hoping to accomplish this the other 30 days of the month.
- More minimization. Find a new home for at least 10 things this month. Also, clean up my computer files and photo files.
That’s it for me in January. What are your goals for this month?