Today I realized that I have quite the collection of language learning and travel posts saved between Pinterest and Bloglovin. As I scrolled through them I thought, “Why am I keeping these to myself?” So I decided to change that and share a few of my favorite posts with you.
Here is a collection of resources for language learning and travel from around the web.
Language Learning Tips
- How to Actually say “No” in Chinese from YoyoChinese
- Chinese Grammar – I have found these short, digestible Chinese grammar lessons so helpful! I really look forward to more content from this blog.
- An Introduction to the French Subjunctive from Transparent Languages – If you’re learning French, this is a must read!
- Swear Like a Croatian from Chasing the Donkey – I absolutely love this blog. If you are studying Croatian, this is a great resource.
- Reaching a Plateau in Language Learning from Lingholic – Tips for getting through that dreaded learning plateau.
- How to Read the Russian Cyrillic Alphabet in Just a Few Hours from Fluent in 3 Months – I am going to need this soon! It will help with Serbian.
- Crafting the Perfect Language Lesson for You from How to Languages – This advice is similar to the method I use for language study. It’s a great analysis on how to approach theme-based vocabulary, how start using it, and why it’s effective.
Travel Photos & Tips
- 11 Photos That Will Convince You to Visit Japan from Language Surfer – Not that I needed any more convincing.
- Yes, You Can Travel Too from Creatrice Mondial – Tips for making travel a more prominent part of your life.
- The Best Restaurants in West Beijing from Sapore di Cine – Just in case, you know, I ever find myself in West Beijing.
- Inaro: Local, Artisanal, and Organic Small Plates and Wine by Paris’ Canal St. Martin from Hip Paris Blog – Because wine and Paris just go together. M and I are always looking for new places to try when we go back to visit family and I think this made our list.
- Kyoto Japan Guide from Just One Cookbook – Yes, please.
- Snapshots from Sichuan Province, China from Melanie Fontaine – Melanie’s photos are outstanding!
- 10 Things to Do in Phuket from Living in Another Language – M and I had plans to possibly go to Phuket at the end of last year but it didn’t pan out. I saved this post in preparation but I never got to use the tips. Maybe you can!
PS. If you like this roundup, please let me know in the comments. I’m playing with the idea of doing more of these and I’d like to know if you would be interested in seeing more posts like this. Thanks! I look forward to chatting with you.
16 Jul 2018 - Language Resources