With “Back Again” complete, I’m working on my next music project, “Back 2 Back”. It’s pretty far along and I can’t wait to share it with you. I’m still keeping fairly consistent study with each of my languages and I’m getting ready for a trip to Seoul with Lindsay!
On to #clearthelist …
If you’re new around these parts, #clearthelist is a linkup where we share our monthly goals, and by we, I mean myself, and Lindsay of Lindsay Does Languages.
We’d absolutely love for you to a part of our community. You can join us by adding a link to your own goal post below.
So let’s get started, sharing our goals and motivating one another to #clearthelist!
Please feel free to tag your posts or photos with either #clearthelist on your favorite social media channels!
What’s Been Going On
This coming month, I have two trips in store, and I’ll share more on that soon. I’m working on improving one language for one, and will learn a bit of another language prior to the trip to the other.
And now you’re caught up!
Last Clear the List Goals
Continue filling the gaps in my Mandarin vocabulary I’ve noticed since Little Linguist’s arrival. // Little Linguist and I resumed our classes together, so yay!
Read the next Language Reading Challenge book on my list. // In July, we read something about a language we’re not learning, so I read over Donovan Nagel’s Arabic book.
Keep working through my YouTube Queue. // Still tons left, but did some!
Add1Challenge // Still working on my Korean Add1.
This Month’s Goals
Continue filling the gaps in my Mandarin vocabulary I’ve noticed since Little Linguist’s arrival. // A permanent item on my monthly list.
Read the next Language Reading Challenge book on my list. // In August, we’re reading a book by a language blogger.
Keep working through my YouTube Queue. // Yup…
Add1Challenge // Finish up my Korean Add1 and start my Add1 Polyglot with Hungarian and Korean.
Resources I Used This Month
A quick recap of the materials I am using.
What I Am Using to Learn Chinese
- LingQ – my favorite tool
- iTalki Lessons – I have weekly Chinese lessons
- Memrise – I do 18,000 points minimum per day
- Drops – they have a new character tool that is fantastic
What I’m Using to Brush Up/Improve My French:
What I am Using to Learn Russian:
What I am Using to Learn Korean:
What I am Using to Learn Spanish:
What I am Using to Learn Italian:
What I’m Using to Learn Japanese:
What I’m Using to Learn Croatian:
What I’m Using to Learn Hungarian:
What I’m Using to Learn Hindi:
What I’m Using to Learn German:
What I’m Using for Little Linguist
- Lots of books
- Day-to-day interaction
- Mommy and Me weekly classes
Resources That Aren’t Language Specific
The Biggest Lesson I Am Taking Away from This Month
To say no. In the past, if I started working on something or through something, I felt obligated to stick with it. Now, I’m being more selective and even minimalist in what I decide to take on and work with.
Don’t forget that I would love to hear all about your goals for this month! Please join us by adding your post to the linkup below!
Clear The List Linkup Rules:
1. Share your goal post whether it includes your aspirations for the month or year. Submissions unrelated to the theme or links to your homepage will be deleted.
2. Link back to this post. You can use our button if you wish.
4. THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE: Please visit the site of the person who linked up immediately before you and leave them an encouraging comment! By hosting this linkup, we’re hoping to create a positive community where we can all share our goals. If you do not do this, you will be removed from the linkup.
5. Share on social media using #ClearTheList